Thursday, January 5, 2012

And so flowers it will be.

There are many things that I like to paint. There is not much that I do not like to paint. One of the top on my list is portraits....  But there is something that I love in every area of life. FLOWERS. Anyone who knows me fairly well knows that I'm a bit coocoo about flowers. Flowers...... and Sunsets. Hmmm But mostly flowers. The thrill of looking at a flower lasts a little longer than looking at a sunset, and you can take flowers with you... does that make them a little better? Plus, my man can give me a bouquet of flowers, and I just think he's the best :D  
So anyway, I think I was just born to love flowers, and maybe my Dad had some influence in my life in that way. Come to think of it, he has a book of every flower in the world, and they are all paintings, but so photo realistic you would never know it! The flowers in that book were the sources for my first paintings in high school, and I think that they were a big factor in my deciding that I wanted to paint, especially in a photo realistic way.

Therefore, in this time of my life as I am just done with my undergrad and studying painting now on my own... while also teaching and working at the frame shop... I have decided to focus on painting the florals. And so flowers it will be. My goal is to have quite a few ready for sale by the end of the summer, both originals and giclee prints. Start saving your money! 'Cause they're gonna be gorgeous :)

Why I love flowers:
1. They are PRETTY, and BEAUTIFUL, and GORGEOUS
2. They are colorful. I looove color!
3. They smell nice
4. They make me absolutely giddy
5. I love to paint them
6. They are inoffensive
7. They are just the prettiest things in the world...
http://player.vimeo.com/video/27920977?title=0&%3bbyline=0&%3bportrait=0href]
Awesome stop time photography of opening flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment