Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Christmas painting

This 6x8 little painting is what I painted for my boyfriend's parents for their Christmas present. He told me that his mom loved orchids, especially purple ones, so that was my subject. I also framed it at the frame shop I work at, and that added a pretty finishing touch.

I had originally painted this with a dark, smooth, boring background. But fortunately I realized that it could be so much better (I've been studying painting and great painters a lot lately) so I re did it with more color and in a more painterly way. It dried a little darker than I wanted, and the picture is not that great, but I am learning. :)

The images look much better if you view them after clicking on them!

I think I am going to start painting lots of small flower paintings... so be looking for more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment